24 September 2009

Sewing Project 11




This little number is quite becoming on Divine. However, she's currently snuggled up in her jammies, watching Thumbelina, running a fever of 101.2, she informs me, as she took her own temperature. What a self sufficient child.

Some patterns are more forgiving than others. This one requires exactness in transferring marks and sewing details, especially for the placket. I enjoyed making it, though I'm ready for something with reduced rigorousness. BUT, I'm getting ready for a little evening of sewing for anyone {local} wanting some sewing help, so my next project will have some simmering to do before I get to it. A Sewing Soiree. Can't wait.

11 comments:

  1. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous!!! I wish I lived closer because I would LOVE to come and sew with you!! It could be just like old times doing all-nighters in the sewing room at PHS! I miss those times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, you mean you don't want to come to the ol' boonies of Indiana to help us poor and unfortunate souls?! ;) Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep learning from afar...

    ReplyDelete
  3. K K K K K KATY!
    You never cease to amaze and delight me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you feel about a vacation to england (and then a sewing soiree) i wont object!
    by the way i love the dress! i cant wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is one of my favorites! So very cute!
    I wish I lived closer so I could come to a sewing party. Sounds like tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I don't think I could have the patience to do a dress like that, at least now anyways :) Have fun sewing tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, How do you have time for all these? You are truly amazing. I'm hoping some of your magic powers will rub off on me tonight. I'm bringing a couple of friends if you don't mind. See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE IT! I'm a sucker for poka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that AB fabric.what's the pattern? just found your blog. i need to start a sewing group myself.

    great blog!
    cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cynthia, it`s another Oliver and S pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful details on that dress. I imagine the pockets are actually useful because they look quite stable.

    ReplyDelete

Be a lamb & tell me what's on your mind.